The West Covina Unified School District supports the use of social media to create a thriving online community with students, parents/guardians, staff and community members. If you wish to contact the district regarding a potential violation of the community guidelines on the use of official district social media pages, please call (626) 939-4600 Ext. 4635 or send an email to email@example.com.
- West Covina USD - Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
- Coronado High School - Twitter / Instagram
- Cameron Elementary - Twitter
- Edgewood Schools - Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
- Hollencrest Middle School - Twitter
- Merced - Twitter
- Merlinda Elementary - Twitter
- Monte Vista Elementary - Twitter
- Mt. SAC Early College Academy - Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
- Orangewood Elementary - Twitter
- Wescove Elementary - Twitter
- West Covina High School - Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Note: The @WestCovinaUSD accounts will adhere to Associated Press (AP) Stylebook standards for written content on social media, news releases and the WC Beat.
The purpose of the West Covina Unified School District social media accounts is to increase engagement, communication and collaboration with parents/guardians, staff and community members. The following are some of the ways in which the district and school sites will utilize social media:
- Disseminate information regarding district and school programs
- Provide resources for parents/guardians, staff and community members
- Support student learning and staff professional development
Promote district and school-site events, activities and accomplishments
The West Covina Unified School District expects that users will treat each other with respect, courtesy and professionalism. The district social media accounts are regularly monitored by district staff from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Please be advised that any inappropriate posts will be removed immediately.
Inappropriate posts include those that:
- Contain content that is obscene, libelous, or so incites students as to create a clear and present danger of the commission of unlawful acts on school premises, violation of school rules, or substantial disruption of the school’s orderly operation.
- Posts that lack relation to the site’s purpose or violation of district policies, regulations or content guidelines, such as promoting a business or campaigning.
- By commenting or posting on social media, your name and content becomes public. Please do not include personal information such as student identification numbers, Social Security numbers, personal addresses or phone numbers, or driver’s license numbers.
Additional content that will be removed includes:
- An advertisement for a commercial business
- Slanderous, inflammatory or defamatory comments
- Incorrect information
- Information that violates student privacy under FERPA
- Comments that constitute discrimination or harassment
- Comments pertaining to violence
- Comments pertaining to political activity
- Comments that are not respectful
- Comments that are not relevant to the topic
- A commenter who is misrepresenting himself/herself
If you wish to contact the district regarding a potential violation of the community guidelines on the use of official district social media pages, please call (626) 939-4600 Ext. 4635 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The West Covina Unified School District social media pages are produced and maintained by the district, and school-site accounts are maintained by their administrative staff.
- The West Covina Unified School District does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, nor does the district endorse or recommend the products/services they offer.
- The West Covina Unified School District does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The West Covina Unified School District is not responsible for the content of external online platforms.
- Views and comments expressed on the social media pages are those of the users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the district. Opinions expressed on personal social media accounts of individuals connected to the district do not necessarily reflect those of the district.
- Comments posted by a member of the public on social media pages are the opinions of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the district, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the district.
By posting comments or other work on district social media pages, a post becomes public record and the poster grants access to the content by the WCUSD and anyone viewing WCUSD social media pages.